Integrating with a pharmacy management system is a must-have feature for C2 Keep. It will mean more efficiency and less stress managing CIIs for pharmacy staff. – Roland Achenjang, PharmD., MBA.
C2 Keep is announcing an integration partnership with Liberty Software, a Texas-based vendor that provides an intuitive pharmacy management platform to retail and long-term care pharmacies. This integration partnership brings more value to pharmacies by improving CII inventory management, compliance, and patient care.
Introducing C2 Keep
C2 Keep is a Louisville, KY-based software company. Its CEO, Roland Achenjang, PharmD., MBA, is a former Pharmacy Director who began building C2 Keep in 2018. Officially launching in March 2022, Achenjang is happy to continue improving C2 Keep by partnering with Liberty Software.
Achenjang says, “Integrating with a pharmacy management system is a must-have feature for C2 Keep. It will mean more efficiency and less stress managing CIIs for pharmacy staff. Liberty Software understands this, and we could not be happier to partner with them.”
Achenjang started C2 Keep as a solution to replace the CII logbook. After speaking with customers, pharmacists, DEA Agents, and Diversion Investigators, the solution changed. C2 Keep is now the hub for CII inventory management and compliance. It is the best solution to prepare for the CII inventory challenges that lie ahead.
CII inventory challenges: What lies ahead?
The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) is increasing diversion investigations. They are holding more pharmacies accountable for their role in the opioid crisis and for not being compliant with the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
The aftermath of the opioid crisis has not helped either. For example, drugmakers and suppliers are limiting pharmacies from buying controlled drugs. This comes after their agreement to pay over $30 Billion for their role in the opioid crisis. These limitations make it harder for pharmacies to work. It reduces profits and may cause patients harm.
What makes C2 Keep the best solution for the future?
I’ve been telling all my friends about it. The more we use it, the more we realize how awesome and handy it is, compared to a book. – Jeff Ulmer, PharmD
C2 Keep is the best because it allows pharmacies to manage CII inventory like never before.
- It stores more CII inventory details than a pharmacy management system or CII logbook. The details allow pharmacies to tell a complete story of all CIIs. This information is valuable for preventing buying limits set by drugmakers and suppliers.
- C2 Keep also makes it difficult for diversion to occur in a pharmacy. It does this through four unique approaches. One approach is requiring an alibi to witness anytime inventory activity records get modified. Preventing diversion is important for many reasons.
- It reduces the risks of a $15,000 fine per diversion after a DEA audit or Diversion Investigation.
- It means improved compliance with the CSA for pharmacies.
- And it also helps prevent buying limits set by drugmakers and suppliers.
C2 Keep is already proving to be the best CII inventory management solution for its customers. Dr. Jeff Ulmer, Owner of Ellendale Pharmacy in Ellendale, ND agrees. He says, “I’ve been telling all my friends about it. The more we use it, the more we realize how awesome and handy it is, compared to a book.”
Besides mitigating future challenges, C2 Keep customers also love the time savings and peace of mind they get from using the application. While C2 Keep and Liberty Software finalize their integration, you can begin to experience the same peace of mind today.