With your Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) credentials from AmerisourceBergen, you can easily connect C2 Keep and your wholesaler. This allows C2 Keep to automatically check for shipped orders, and receive and process them for you.
How to obtain your C2 Keep EDI credentials from AmerisourceBergen.
To obtain your C2 Keep credentials, you’ll need to do the following:
1. Send an email to Amerisource Bergen customer platform support.
Send an email to email@example.com, the customer platform support for AmerisourceBergen EDI setup. Let them know you’ll be using C2 Keep to manage your controlled substances inventory. Request an sFTP site be created where a copy of your EDI 856 Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN) files will be sent.
As a recommendation, tell them to set it up similarly to the way it is set up for Knox Professional Pharmacy in Barbourville, KY.
Lastly, notify your AmerisourceBergen sales representative you are working on this. It’s nice to keep them in the loop.
2. Include the following information in your email.
To assist AmerisourceBergen’s support platform personnel create your C2 Keep EDI credentials and set up your sFTP site, include the following information in your email:
- Your pharmacy’s name and address
- Your AmerisourceBergen wholesaler account number (the one you use to purchase controlled substances)
- The type of EDI files you need shared: ‘EDI 856 Advanced Shipment Notice files’
- The vendor’s name: ‘C2 Keep’
3. Tell them how soon you need the EDI credentials & sFTP site.
Let AmerisourceBergen know you need the sFTP site and credentials set up as of the date you are sending the email.
What to do after receiving your EDI credentials from AmerisourceBergen?
After receiving your EDI credentials from AmerisourceBergen, enter them into C2 Keep and test the connection.
To learn how to do this, watch the video below.
*Please note that the input path and output path information will be provided by AmerisourceBergen. It won’t necessarily be in and out as shown in the video. Enter the information exactly as they share it with you or C2 Keep won’t be able to locate your 856 ASN files.
What are the benefits of connecting C2 Keep and AmerisourceBergen?
There are many benefits to connecting C2 Keep and AmerisourceBergen. After the connection is set up:
- You’ll enjoy not worrying about forgetting to account for an order item that was shipped to you.
- You’ll enjoy not dealing with inventory issues when your wholesaler auto-substitutes drugs.
- You’ll enjoy not worrying about your inventory counts being off.
- You’ll enjoy a fast and streamlined process to manage your controlled substances inventory.
- You’ll enjoy being able to store your drug order information, accompanying DEA 222 forms, order statements, and much more in one location.
- And you’ll enjoy having more time to spend with your patients.
How often does C2 Keep process EDI 856 files?
Throughout the day, C2 Keep will check for shipments coming to your pharmacy from your wholesaler. These shipments are usually processed early in the mornings while you are asleep.
If you have a shipment order coming, it will be ready for you to receive within C2 Keep the morning after you place your shipment.
Does C2 Keep process other EDI files?
For now, C2 Keep only processes EDI 856 Advanced Shipment Notice files. This is the EDI file your wholesaler sends to you after they have shipped your order.